Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Nancy Drew

So, this morning I had to get up extra early because I had to move my car for J to get out and go to work. So, instead of going straight back to bed (which I would normally do, and then be super-extra late) I just lounged on the couch watching Nancy Drew.

Now, I did, I admit, maybe have a curiosity for it when it came out a couple of years ago, but I never got around to watching it. The movie is fine--about what you would expect--but her clothes are adorable! I could hardly eat my Capt. Crunchberries because I couldn't tear my eyes away from her flippy skirts, knee socks and coats. And she had great trousers. My head tells me that I shouldn't take my clothing inspiration from a movie targeted to pre-teens, but my heart says Pleated Skirts! Trench Coats! Adorable brooches that double as a magnifying glass! And you know my weakness for knee socks....




No comments: