Friday, May 24, 2013

Backstage at the Kansas City Ballet

A few weeks ago I got to take a tour of the new Kansas City Ballet facility, which, by the by, is gorgeous. We wandered all through the building, saw rehearsals, and met the Costume Manager. Then we got to go into the closet.


 Oh friends, I had to hold myself back. It turns out (to my crushing disappointment) that they don't let random people try on costumes. Even if they really, really want to. If you ever have a group that needs an outing, I highly recommend going to the ballet tour, they were really lovely to us, and took a lot of time making sure we enjoyed our tour.

You do know that I ran right home and put on my old pointe shoes, don't you? Tried a few moves, and immediately ripped them back off...those things hurt!!! I'll stick to tap shoes, thank you very much. (Oh, wait until you see my recital costume!)








No comments: