Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Holiday Hop Guest Star: Amy Bradley

We are so lucky to have so many guest stars for our Holiday Hop! On Saturday November 3rd, Bernina Sewing Center will be hosting quilt designer Amy Bradley from 10-12:00.


Artist's Statement:
One would not recognize the metal building behind my house as a quilt design studio, business office, and warehouse. I feel so blessed to be working with my two children, and in my own backyard. My oldest daughter, Ashley, works with me full-time. My youngest, Adam, worked part-time while attending the University of Kansas. My mother, Dorothy, is also a wonderful help with sewing and designing. She has been to every quilt market with me. My husband, John, is a veterinarian in Lawrence, Kansas. 

We live in the country and raise Hereford cattle. I have lived my entire life in Kansas. I was born in Medicine Lodge, where my parents still reside. I graduated from Kansas State University with a degree in fine arts/ graphic design. I started quilting in the 80s. My inspiration for my first quilt design, Dazzling Dogs, was to create a gift for John's veterinary clinic. I started my business with that quilt and it has only hung in the clinic for about one week in the past four years. When I told my husband about my plan to turn Dazzling Dogs into quilt patterns his now famous line was "Do people buy those?". Now his new famous line is "When can I retire?" I am always looking for my next comical character such as Quilt Diva, Super Quilter, Seasoned Quilter, and Bountiful Beauties. I know quilters have just as much fun making my patterns as I have designing them, I've seen the photos!





No comments: