Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Wayne White: Beauty is embarrassing

September was a busy month for us. There were quilt shows and events almost every weekend and after all that I normally go home and crash. Hence, the lack of finished projects around here (blush) (I'm coming for you soon almost finished corduroy dress!) So, J and I turn to our Apple TV and it's movie selection. Or at least the trailers. We seem to spend an inordinate amount of time just watching trailers to upcoming movies. It's great because you come across titles that you would otherwise never have heard of, like Beauty is Embarrassing.

If we hadn't been so tired, how would we ever have known that there is a movie about Wayne White, the artist who (among many other things) built the puppets and sets for Pee-Wee's Playhouse? I wouldn't otherwise have known who to thank for all of those happy Playhouse years. I can't tell you how much time I spent watching that show... in fact I need to get that on dvd so I can relive it. At last glance the movie hadn't been released on Apple TV yet, but it's on our Wish List. I hope you add it to yours too!


Also, because I know you want to see it..The opening segment to Pee-Wee's Playhouse:

No comments: