Friday, February 22, 2013

Diaghilev and the Ballet Russes

Friends, I think it is time to make a visit to our nation's capitol. Not to see the monuments, or visit historical buildings, no, we must go to see the new exhibit Diaghilev and the Ballet Russes at the National Gallery. 

The Ballet Russes was the groundbreaking dance troupe that brought the art to new heights using collaborations with artists such as Picasso, Matisse and Chanel, among others. The costumes! The sets! The posters and inspiration! I can't even imagine how amazing this show will be. It is born of an exhibit shown at the V&A in 2010, but has new pieces previously unseen. 

I've already started nagging J about going to DC this summer. However, it may take some time to convince him, since we just booked a (very short) trip to Nashville. Really, I'm barking up the wrong tree on that one, what I should be asking is, E, do you want to go to DC with me? You will love it!




2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

duh, of course!