Thursday, August 26, 2010

National Sewing Month September!

Speaking of sewing..(which we seem to do a lot here) did you know that September is National Sewing Month? (cue trumpets) Yes sir, thanks to Ronald Reagan we can flaunt our sewing skills all through September...which of course we totally plan on doing. I wanted to give you guys a quick overview of what we have planned for Sept, in case you want to join in!

bon bon National Sewing Month Activities!

Stitch'A'Day September. I hereby announce that I will sew every day in September. I will document (so you know I'm not lying) and post updates here and on the Ning site. If you want to join me (and I hope you do) join the Ning site and post your own updates!

Shirtdress Sew Along. I am going to make the shirtdress in Heather Ross' Weekend Sewing book. Anyone want to sew along with me? Then at the end we can all share how it turned out! If you want to sew along and don't have the book, I might be induced into giving you a little discount if you want to get it from us. Maybe..if you are good!

Sewing Circle Party! September 8th is our night for sewing circle and we are going to make it into a National Sewing Month kick off party. I'm not promising anything, but there just might be some crafts and deals.

9.15 Basic Sewing Class. Which you can now register for online..because J is a computer genius.

9.17 Pillowcase Class..which you can also sign up for online

And Last but not least, a Show and Tell Picnic on September 25th

I know that a lot of it doesn't help our out-of-towners...but you could do the sew along with us, or the stitch a day..it will be fun, I promise!

No comments: