Thursday, April 3, 2008

Ahoy...


Zooey in Tin Man sporting some lovely sailor pants


J Crew Wool--a winter sailor pant
Ahoy There! L.A.M.B. has some super-extra wide leg sailor pants

So today I got up late--not super late, but late enough that my hair is all flat and wonky and I cringe every time I pass a mirror. The combination of being late and it being all rainy outside didn't really inspire me to push the envelope in the getting dressed department, so I reached for my favorite standby by item. Sailor pants. I love them. I don't wear jeans so I find it hard to find everyday pants. I rarely wear pants anyway, as I am more of a skirt/dress girl--but sometimes I don't want to deal with all that. I found my current pair of navy sailor pants at J Crew a year ago, and although I initially wished they had them in black (before this, I don't think I ever owned anything navy), I have come to appreciate the navy, which works as everyday casual but I can also spiff them up if need be.
One of my biggest clothing-related regrets is getting rid of the super wide leg really dark denim sailor pants I had in high school. (well done Banana Republic!) They were awesome. During an ill-fated wardrobe in college I threw them out, as I hadn't worn them for a while--I regretted it almost instantly and still feel that sting today.
Anyway, I guess this doesn't really have anything to do with anything, but I highly recommend going and finding yourself some sailor pants. They are flattering, go with anything, and if you are lucky you will look like Zooey Deschanel does in the above picture. (It's not the best picture in the world, but trust me--she was rocking the sailor pants)(I would do almost anything to look like Zooey--sadly it will never happen. Although, we do have similar pants!)



1 comment:

Unknown said...

i....freakin.....love....sailor....pants...!!!! arrgh, 'cause i'm a pirate!