Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Maisie Dobbs

So, I spent most of last week reading. There seemed to be a slew of new books around to read including a couple of books in a series that I read--so of course I had to get them ASAP and devour them. One of the series that I jumped on was the Maisie Dobbs series.

Maisie Dobbs is a psychologist and investigator living and working in London between WW1 and WW2. It's an interesting time to set a book in, and there is usually a lot about the after effects of WW1 on the people in England, as well as about the way social class system is slowly petering out. And of course, there is always a mystery. And usually a good passage about some awesome outfit she is wearing.

Anyway, I just finished Among the Mad and thought that if any of you are readers, you might want to check out the series. And I love the covers of the books. The blue-green on the Among the Mad is really a perfect color and I plan to take it with me to paint-match next time I'm painting...






No comments: