Thursday, February 11, 2010

Helium Eternal

So, apparently unbeknownst to me, the world has been suffering from a helium shortage. Apparently we could be out of helium in 8 years! Did everyone know that but me?

Well, I guess Clementine Henrion (isn't that the loveliest name? French, of course) knew all about it, and she developed these gorgeous Helium Eternal pieces. A-ha! They are not balloons at all, but sort of a pillow sculpture that can be hung and enjoyed forever. Which is lovely, because there is nothing sadder than a deflated/ing helium balloon..


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I actually did know that we could be out of helium...how weird is that???

betsy and emily said...

Totally weird! I have to say that of all the natural resources I have been worried about, helium never even was a thought..