Monday, February 1, 2010

Sally Nencini

I love thesa chairs! Sally Nencini is an upholsterer in London that uses embroidery in her work, and I have to say, Hats off to you Sally! And not only does she do such beautiful embroidery work, but she also makes adorable kids stuff and sells it on Etsy.

I think (for those of us without access to Sally) that it wouldn't be super terribly difficult to re-do a chair like this. I mean the embroidery part mostly, the upholstery part blows my mind a little. But I could maybe try it on a dining room cushion -- just to see how it goes. Sadly, it will never look as good as these chairs...



2 comments:

Unknown said...

oooooooooo, i reeeeeallly like this. i bet i could finish something like this round about 2040....

betsy and emily said...

Seriously--this is such a project that "won't take very long" and then never gets finished..