Thursday, October 20, 2011

Kaffe Fassett at the Nelson

It's been so busy around here lately that I forgot all about Kaffe Fassett! Did you go see him a couple of weeks ago at the Nelson? It was a great presentation, and he was hilarious. The best part of the night was definitely the audience, who hung on his every word! With every picture that flashed up on the screen it was a chorus of oooohs and aaahs. And Kaffe ate it up! 

Here are a couple of pictures of the evening. The quilts on display were, I believe, provided by Harper's fabrics.
 The sweaters are from his collection for Peruvian Connection, which is based here in Kansas City.


 And then he brought some quilts of his own for show and tell. Hiding on the left behind the quilt is Kaffe's talented partner Brandon Mably.

We didn't any books signed..the only one I had close to me to grab had already been signed, so I thought 2 signatures might be overkill. Maybe next time...Hey! Did you notice that we have a whole slew of Kaffe fabric in the store right now? I just thought I would throw that out there...

No comments: