Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Needlepoint! Catch the wave!

Well,  you know how I found myself enamored with Crewel work? Well it looks like there is a new needle carrying sheriff in town, needlepoint. I hesitated to try needlepoint, mainly because, let's face it, it's a pricey habit and I'm already the proud and broke owner of a closet full of fabric. Why start something new?

Then I found this kit at the antique mall for $20! I mean, that's a steal! Sure the colors are kind of heinous, but I figured for a practice piece, I couldn't go wrong.
As you can see, I've still got a long way to go!

It takes a little bit to get the right tension with the yarn, but I'm hoping by the time I've finished this whole canvas I should have it down.
Admittedly, not the prettiest yarn on the block. 

Then e found this book in an antique store in Chicago and said I had to have it, and she was right. The Needlepoint Alphabet Book by Meredith and Gary Gladstone. It's so awesome and I have a burning desire to needlepoint the entire alphabet. How could you not after seeing these groovy patterns? Needless to say I'm working hard on my kit, practicing for the day I am ready make my own awesome B pillow.






No comments: