Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More stockings!

Over Thanksgiving at J's house we were discussing the upcoming holidays and how it would be the first Christmas his nephew would be spending with the family at home. And then it was realized that he doesn't have a stocking, nor does his dad. And what is sadder than a Christmas morning without a stocking, may I ask?? So, we got out the super awesome vintage family stockings and I declared that I would save the day with two new ones for Soren and Ben.

The top two pics are the originals. I wanted to make sure to make stockings that were similar so they didn't stick out like a sore thumb so I stuck with the felt/trim/scene theme. I especially like the way the present stocking turned out, I used some vintage felt on that one and it really made it feel like an original. And yes, I need to make myself one..however it got pushed to the end of the holiday project list. I will definitely have it done by next year!




No comments: