Monday, December 13, 2010


Another project that I've been working on is stockings for J & I. I used the free pattern I found over at Purl Bee and cut the boot out of our Nani Iro dot fabric. The fabric has blue dots on one side and red on the other, so it was perfect. I used the boot portion of the Purl Bee pattern, but I wanted a longer stocking and bigger cuff so I made one 8 1/2 x 5 1/2. (Well, it's 8 1/2 at the top, you have to grade it down to the booth width)  After that it was smooth sailing..

First I stitched up the sides of my boot pieces, then my cuffs. Then I attached the cuff to the boot. You will want to trim the seam allowance and snip the curves so when you turn the boot right side out it lays well. Then all I had to do was hem the top of the boot and add a loop. Done!

I made some other stockings too...I'll show you those later this week. They are super cute, but totally opposite in style as these!

No comments: