Thursday, April 7, 2011

Top Notch!

Sorry! Last post about Austin, I promise. And yes, it involves another restaurant. But this was a combination restaurant and sightseeing, so it's extra exciting. Yes folks, that is the Top Notch in one of my favorite movies, Dazed and Confused.

I knew that D&C was shot in Austin, but it didn't occur to me to sight see until J said something about it a week before. I did a little research and discovered that the Top Notch is alive and kicking. We made E & MCP go with us (despite any interest on their part, thanks E & MCP!) and reveled in the complete time warp that is the Top Notch. Don't you love all the brick, brown and upholstery blinds? Awesome!

Our grandparents used to run a restaurant and it totally had this vibe. E & I were quite at home.

I got a Top Notch jelly keychain!

MCP trying out his delicious fried chicken.

2 comments:

Lisa ONeill said...

Austin all day - this post from Poppytalk followed your post in my google reader - Austin art! http://poppytalk.blogspot.com/2011/04/fresh-from-oven-steph-davlantes.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+blogspot%2FISuVv+%28poppytalk%29&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher

betsy and emily said...

Wow Lisa, I think the internet wants you to plan a trip to Austin!