Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vintage Vogue

I'm working on a new project! Well, almost. I guess let's say I'm about to work on a new project. I've had this pattern hanging around my sewing room forever. Of course there are a million patterns hanging around and this is just one of many that I haven't attempted.

But now is the time. You see E is going to a Vintage Dress car show while we are England, and I thought this would be perfect. And I might want one as well, while we are at it. Of course the pattern is marked "Advanced" so we will be making a practice one first, just in case disaster occurs. I read through it however and it didn't seem that bad. (Famous last words)

Has anyone made it? Do you know?

3 comments:

Jen O said...

Are you going to make the dress alone or the set? The dress doesn't look hard at all. The coat may be tricky, but I can't see much there that can go wrong.
I think that the fabric choice will be key, and a dress like this needs a really fluid crepe type of fabric so the ruching at the neckline drape nicely.
Let us know how it goes!

betsy and emily said...

The directions really didn't seem that bad for the dress, and I think it's the same kind of thing on the coat. It will be all about the fabric.. I think that is what is holding me back. I love the thought of crepe for it, I have a hard time finding a good crepe though. I will search!

Jen O said...

Widen your fabric search to include those great vintage 80's retro style rayon prints, which are nice for summer too.