Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Knotty Rug

How do you feel about rugs? I'm a fan of them myself, but although I admire oriental rugs, I never really thought I would want one in my house. I thought of them as too formal, to fussy, totally the wrong colors. etc. But then I went to the Knotty Rug. And stayed for hours (actually, I had to stay for hours because I was working on a shoot with Herlife and Kdog). And that is when I fell in love.

 Because oriental rugs aren't all fussy and formal. There is a whole spectrum of colors and patterns that I didn't even know existed. It was frustrating because there are stacks and stacks (and stacks) of rugs and I would spy a particularly enticing edge of a rug at a bottom of a stack, but didn't want to have to move 40 (heavy) rugs to see it. Hot pinks, oranges, greens, yellows they were everywhere begging to be looked at and taken home, sadly I couldn't. But someday I will.

Here are some quick pics I took during a lull in the shoot...the colors aren't nearly as gorgeous as they are in real life..if you are KC go to The Knotty Rug right this minute!













No comments: