Wednesday, September 15, 2010

New fabric!

Oh the excitement of new fabrics! I branched out a bit and got some "apparel" fabrics, as opposed to just our beloved cottons. First up a gorgeous plume silk...
Isn't it lovely? The feathers just pop and it's 100% silk so it's delicious to touch. I even like the backside of the fabric..it looks a little darker, a little vintage-ier. $23/yard



This is an Armani Silk Panel. It's huge, isn't it? And 100% silk so it's also gorgeous to touch. It's sold by the panel and we only got two, so if you love it, speak up! $25/panel


We also got in a black crepe with a cool grid pattern woven into the fabric. I think this fabric in particular will be great with the Vintage inspired Colette patterns. $15/yd.  Sorry, I know it's not a very exciting picture, but there isn't much you can do with black!

And our new Liberty of London fabric! I've been waiting for this especially, as I'm going to put it to good use in my shirtwaist dress I"m making.. $36/yd

4 comments:

donna said...

Oh my gawd you're killing me! Giant Armani panels!? Maybe I could make a cape!!

Unknown said...

so so so excited! i am so silky excited!!!!

betsy and emily said...

That cape will be so awesome! Come in anytime to use the machine!

donna said...

Yipppeeeeeee! I love my new cape!! I'm doing the shim sham in it right now!