Thursday, March 15, 2012

Purple Knits

So it's 80 degrees outside..so what? Does that mean that I'm not going to enjoy the gorgeous purple hat knitted for us by our friend Kristin? (And modeled by the lovely Jaime David) How could we not enjoy this hat? It is a pattern in the book Vintage Modern knits and is made from Lorna's Laces blackberry merino wool.
 And what about socks? My very own sister made me some gorgeous (and incredibly soft) socks. Just because I have to take them off in the middle of the night doesn't mean I'm not going to wear them to bed. E made these out of Cascade sock wool. So soft!
So heat be damned! I will enjoy my knits, even it's a little warm for it. Good thing I got a lot of wear out of that whale hat e made me for Christmas though..I don't know that I can sport two wool hats in this heat. cascade llblackberry worsted merino

No comments: