Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Slipcover fabric


This weekend I took a big step and bought slipcover fabric. (insert dramatic music here) I made J take the trip with me to the fabric store and he picked out the main fabric for the couch. It's a little more avocado than apple green, which is what I pictured in my head. And, admittedly in these photos it looks like a weird brown, but it's not, picture more of a avocado green. 

Anyway, I chose this really awesome dark teal woven fabric for the piping which really livens up the whole thing. I think it would be pretty drab without it, but it's pretty zingy so that and some zingy cushions will be good.

Although I had my mind set on an apple green, I think that this darker color will probably be a good choice...we tend to eat on the couch and this is going to hide those spills. Which, let's face it, is probably one of the main things I should have thought about, what with my love of making tacos. 

Anyway, I'm going to start on the piping this week!




No comments: