Friday, March 16, 2012

Carly's Craft Column

First of all, I have to say that it's not lovely Carly's fault that this is just being posted...she had this to me weeks ago. Anyway, we have the return of Carly's craft column and today she is going to show us how she turned a sad bench into a happy plant stand. Take it away Carly....

 When I was out picking up paint for the bedroom, I stopped at Home Depot to try and find tile for a different project I'm working on. They didn't have what I was looking for, but they did have succulents, orchids, leafy house plants and cacti. I went a little overboard and picked out an array of succulents and cacti to make a potted arrangement. And I continued to grab as much as I could carry.

 I needed a happy place for my plants to live and happened to have an old bench that I sanded down and stained to new life. We are all getting along quite well. The process is simple and the plants that I chose do not require much watering. The light and soil are most important. Plants are a great way to soften or accent any area of your home that needs a little life and love. Try to make your own sassy succulent arrangement

Bench Materials

Bench
Paint brush 
stain and protective finish
rag/paper towel
sanding sponge/sandpaper

Bench how-to
Sand bench with sanding sponge or paper. Use a damp rag to wipe off dust.Use a paint brush or clean rag to apply your stain (follow product directions). Use a paper towel or rag to wipe off excess. Let dry completely and then apply a finish or protective coat.

                                      





Introduce your plants to Mr. Bench.


No comments: