Wednesday, February 8, 2012

E's hunt for the perfect Sailor sweater part 2

Into my quest for the perfect sailor sweater came a big ol' pile of Cascade Ultra Pima Cotton. Mmmm, red and white striped cotton sweater? Yes! So after a troll through Ravelry and Knitty I found the Petrie by Beautia Dew http://knitty.com/ISSUEss10/PATTpetrie.php. Sooo cute! This pattern was also fun and fairly speedy....but again, I made some flubs. Although my gauge was fine, using the 6 needle with the cotton resulted in a fabric that seems too loose to me. And my previous lukewarm feeling about hemmed sweaters reached fury as I tried and tried to get the neckline to behave. Apparently my weird neck and shoulders don't allow the neck to drape as adorably as in the picture so some major adjustments were needed. Again, turned out fine and I will wear it...but the quest continues....



No comments: