Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Hunt for perfect sweater Part 3

Once again, E updates us on her hunt for the perfect sweater...

Next up is the Middlefield Pullover by Melissa LaBarre in the book New England Knits http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/middlefield-pullover. I broke from my sailor color theme to break into some delicious Lorna's Laces in Vera, Growth, Berry and Chocolate that I have been hoarding for several (blush) years. After a few color arguments (I apparently have a ingrained aversion to variegated yarn, poor Vera.) I went with straight solid blocks but still a stripe or two. This is a top down pattern and (surprise!) I have been trying it on as I go. Hence I discovered that the pattern is way too short for me so I spaced out the waist shaping and added about 5 inches and finished with a short rib strip (no more hemmed edges for me, dammit!). I am pleased so far and am working on the sleeves....and so the saga continues!




No comments: