Monday, February 27, 2012

Sewin' Sunday

This weekend I spent a lot of time in the sewing room. I have a big project that I am making headway on (more on that later) and I also finished this little project. My friend Jaime had this vintage fabric with a French scene on it that I bought from her. I think it's awesome, but really didn't know what to do with it and there really wasn't much to work with. So, I decided that it was time for J and I to have nice cloth napkins.

 We are paper towel users normally, but it seems like such a waste so I would like to get us off that particular train. I made these napkins the size of the half paper towel, as I think that is sufficiently large for us. It was a quick project and nice because we could put them to use right away. And how cute is that fabric??