Thursday, January 6, 2011

Scandinavian Needlecraft

Have we talked about Scandinavian Needlecraft yet? If we have then I apologize, if not then...
Scandinavian Needlecraft is the most gorgeous book! I mean, I know we are all suckers for Scandinavian style. It's so clean and crisp. There is a folkness to it that dates back hundreds of years yet also feels incredibly modern. This book exemplifies this beautifully.

There are 35 projects in this book. Everyday projects like coat hangar covers and bags as well as a treasure trove of gift items like felted mittens and baby booties. I've not done much embroidery but I used one of her snowflake designs on a Christmas project and I found that the directions and diagrams were super easy to follow, and the snowflake turned out great (even for being worked on during a car ride!)

I think I want to try the felted mittens next..after all we have two more months of freezing weather and none of my gloves seem to be very warm this year.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just saw this post (very dramatic week). I might need to pick this book up next time I'm out - so gorgeous!